Monday 3 June 2013

Project typewriter

I have finally finished restoring my typewriter!  Well restoring may be the wrong word as I have gone for a more worn look for it but I still think it looks prettier than when I got it.  Unfortunately I wasn't forward thinking enough to take before and during pictures but I do have plenty of after photographs.  


I am currently selling this in my etsy shop here


This typewriter started life as a bland beige, so very sad to look upon.  Now it has attitude and demands center stage!



I used pink enamel paint all over the body and sanded it to a worn, matte look.  I left the keys and base the original grey colour and I think the colours go well together.





It is missing the guiding ruler which is unfortunate but it doesn't detract from the beauty of the typewriter.




And unfortunately I don't have a users manual although I have searched high and low for one.


I have cleaned and oiled the innards and will supply a new ribbon.  The finicky cleaning was actually my favourite part of this project.





What do you think?  It was a love/hate project but I powered through and I adore the result.

No comments :

Post a Comment